Here are 100 things I betcha didn’t know about me. This is going to be a loooooooooooooong list. Stick with me. It’s my birthday. This is my gift to you. You’re most welcome.
1. I used to rotate my undies in my drawer so that none of them would get left out. I don’t do it anymore because I realized how odd a thing to do this was.
2. I’ve watched General Hospital since I was in preschool.
3. I would love to meet the people who visit my blog. Seriously. Let’s get together.
4. At this time, I’m convinced that I do not want anymore children. I’ve even gotten the names of several urologists in town. I can’t be pregnant again. I’m done.
5. Fire and car accidents are two ways in which I’m terrified of dying.
6. I’ve never been much of a rule breaker. I like rules. They make me feel safe.
7. In new social situations, I’m either the life of the party or a wallflower. There is no inbetween.
8. I enjoy vacuuming.
9. Baseball is my favorite sport to watch. Basketball is my least favorite sport, period.
10. I live in a very small town, but it’s nothing like Stars Hollow on Gilmore Girls. I wish it was even a smidge like Stars Hollow.
11. Going to the library is one of the most fun things that I do. I feel like I’ve spent money when I’ve checked out a book, but it was FREE!!! (I like the feeling of spending money…even if it’s imaginary.)
12. One of my best memories is from 8th grade and sneaking out of my friend’s house. We went and hung out with two cute guys at the stadium at the high school. It was a perfect night.
13. I deleted it here, too, but nice try.
14. I prefer not to eat at chain restaurants for dinner.
15. I have no idea how an I-Pod works.
16. Southern Living is my favorite magazine. I don’t enjoy reading the gardening section. I sometimes like the interior design articles. Mostly I love the travel and recipe sections.
17. I’ve crossed the border into Mexico once. Spring Break the year I turned 21. The only other place out of the US that I’ve traveled, is the Bahamas. I’d love to go to Canada.
18. I would like to take a cake decorating class and a creative writing class. I would also like to learn to play golf and become a runner. I have no interest in learning any martial arts.
19. I am confused by people who don’t laugh often. Personally, I horse laugh at every opportunity.
20. When I was a kid, I hated my nose. I don’t hate it anymore. Now I hate my thighs.
21. The thought of going back to a paid job scares the pants off of me.
22. My kitchen is small and therefore everything must be put in it’s assigned spot. If it’s not, then drawers don’t close, cabinets don’t shut, and the Earth fails to spin correctly nearly causing the Apocalypse.
23. I have very knobby knees.
24. I wonder how many of my friends that I’ve told about my blog have ever visited?
25. The movie “The Day After” about nuclear war gave me nightmares as a child. It still gives me nightmares.
26. I have very specific views on parenting. I do not, however, think that everyone should feel the way I do. Nor do I think I should be judged for my views.
27. I don’t have a favorite dessert. I could take dessert or leave it.
28. My New Years Resolution was to give up holding grudges. It has been very freeing.
29. The only thing I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a teacher. I wish that I’d been encouraged to research other possibilities.
30. I love going to wineries to drink, hang out with friends, eat cheese, and listen to music.
31. I buy mostly generic products. One major exception, canned tomatoes. Only the name brand stuff for me.
32. Dog hair may be the death of me.
33. Most of my house is decorated in things purchased for me by my MIL. This is a good thing.
34. Speaking of “good things”, I hope I never meet Martha Stewart.
35. I see a boob job in my future.
36. I love the beach, except for the sand. In my crack.
37. Getting “real” mail excites me beyond belief.
38. Purses and shoes and make-up make me giddy. Hey, I’m a female. What did you expect?
39. Pilates is awesome. Not so much right now.
40. If someone I knew was thrown in the slammer, I would have no idea how to go about bailing them out. It is not something I want to know.
41. Uggs are uggly. So are Crocs.
42. A bike tour through Napa Valley sounds like a fun day trip. It’s not.
43. I have shot two guns in my life. At targets, not at people.
44. I was bullied in elementary school. I think this experience shaped me.
45. I have food safety issues. Much to the chagrin of my husband.
46. I married my husband, Tate on July 14, 2001. We had a fantastic wedding.
47. Although I don’t fully know why, I’d really like to have a Blackberry.
48. Reading a great book fills me with joy.
49. I’m not a huge fan of reality TV.
50. If I could manage a pedicure weekly, I would.
51. My Mom’s due date with me was February 18. I was born March 20.
52. When I was born, the doctor used forceps, squeezed too hard, cracked my skull, and broke the stapes bone in my ear. I’m feeling much better now. Thank you for your concern.
53. My third grade teacher once told me I was acting like a kindergartener after getting stung by a bee. I’ve only recently forgiven her.
54. I worry alot about money.
55. My favorite part of the day is going to check on Peanut before I go to bed.
56. I don’t really enjoy going to see movies at theaters. Once in a while is alright, I just wouldn’t want to do it very often.
57. I discovered a love for college football, especially SEC football, when living in Knoxville. I especially love the marching band.
58. I’ve lived in Wichita, KS; Houston, TX; Tulsa, OK; Springfield, MO; Knoxville, TN; Decatur, IL; and my current location…LA.
59. I hope that my family and I are able to take yearly vacations.
60. My favorite breakfast is anything I didn’t cook.
61. I had an aversion to ice during my first pregnancy.
62. Controversy and confrontation makes me nervous.
63. I LOVE surprises!
64. It’s possible that I like Blue’s Clues more than my son. Don’t judge me ’til you watched it yourself. It’s a very good show.
65. My favorite movie is Love Actually.
66. I don’t like ketchup on my hamburgers, hot dogs, or corn dogs. Mustard is a must, however.
67. I’ve never had my eyebrows waxed or anything else for that matter. I guess you could say that I’m wax curious.
68. I would love to live in a city where public transportation is a way of life.
69. My cooking specialty is Eggplant Rollups.
70. Tylenol does not work for me. I’m Ibuprofen all the way.
71. I love eating at restaurants where I can be seated outdoors. Except when it’s cold. Or there are lots of mosquitos.
72. Jagermeister almost killed me.
73. I have no desire to white water raft, snow ski, bungee jump, hang glide, eat “Fear Factor” type “foods”, or swim with sharks. Adventure is NOT my middle name.
74. My dream vacation would include a trip to Hawaii and a private hut on the beach.
75. I like pina coladas, but I don’t like getting caught in the rain.
76. I am a yeller. It’s something I’m working on.
77. New Year’s Eve is the most overrated of all holidays.
78. I enjoy taking baths. I especially enjoy reading a magazine in the bath. Even better if the tub is jetted.
79. I think that Faith Hill is one of the most beautiful women in the world.
80. Brad Pitt is from my hometown. That makes me special.
81. I don’t know why, but I love “Laguna Beach” and “The Hills” on MTV.
82. I enjoy talk radio.
83. My stomach, when I’m not pregnant, is my best feature.
84. I don’t have any, nor do I want any, tattoos. I do like looking at other’s tattoos, though.
85. My husband and I often get terrible service in restaurants. We’ve never said anything to the manager.
86. I absolutely love the Harry Potter books. I can’t believe that there is only one book left.
87. The best vacation I ever had, was to Washington D.C.
88. I couldn’t sleep at night in the summer without a ceiling fan.
89. I lived alone for one year. It’s one of the best things I ever did for myself.
90. Are you still reading this!? Just 10 more to go, good for you!
91. My favorite beer is Guinness.
92. My fingernails grow very, very quickly.
93. My wedding ring is my favorite possession.
94. I love the sound of crickets in the summertime.
95. I have fantasies about having elaborate dinner parties. Maybe someday.
96. I love going for drives in the country.
97. I wish I could have gone with Alton Brown on his motorcycle/eating adventure. Well, actually, not on a motorcycle, a limo would have been better.
98. I shave my big toes.
99. Someday I hope to have a cleaning service come to my home.
100. I am glad I’m finished with this list.