I am twelve weeks post partum and I’ve barely lost any weight. I am still wearing my maternity shorts and jeans. By five weeks post partum with my son, I was already wearing a size that I hadn’t worn since college. Please don’t roll your eyes at me, I roll my eyes at myself enough as it is.
I naively assumed that the weight would melt away like last time. Unfortunately, the cottage cheese on my behind appears to have been applied with super glue. I’ve been reading about Swistle’s idea to do the Couch to 5K program and I would absolutely like to participate. It’s just that I am better at coming up with reasons why I can’t do this better than why I should and can do this…
Reasons why I can’t…
1. It’s 80 million degrees in Lower Alabama, making any outdoor activity really unpleasant.
2. Running in and of itself is really unpleasant.
3. I’m a slug.
4. My fat would jiggle and that would be embarrassing for me and my neighbors.
5. I don’t know how I would make time for exercising. It would cut into my precious alone time with my laptop.
6. We have mosquitoes the size of elephants here and they all target me.
7. Exercise makes me soooore and reeeeaaaaalllly whiiiiiiiiny.
8. Did I mention the unpleasantness of the temperature outside?
Reasons why I can…
1. I have legs.
Reasons why I should…
1. My legs are fat, especially the region closest to my ass.
Although the list is short, those are rather compelling reasons as to why I can and should participate in some sort of exercise program. So, I’m going to be joining in the unpleasantness known as running with Swistle. It’ll most likely be a modified version. Slugs like me need modifications. And I’m blogging about it as a way to have some sort of accountability.
Beginning today, tomorrow at the latest (well maybe next week at the latest), I’m going to get started on this Couch to 5K program. Wish me and my fat legs luck.