I have a confession to make.
I’ve been slacking on my Couch to 5K running program.
Here are the
reasons excuses why:
1. It’s hotter than hell right now.
2. The heat makes me feel like I’m dying, when I’m only just jogging.
3. I can only run when Tate is home and it’s after dinnertime and bath time and bed time. By the time all that is done, it’s 8 o’clock. And it’s almost dark. It’s scary to run in the dark in my neighborhood. There are loose dogs and this…
4. Since it’s dark, I can’t see my watch and I end up trying to count the time I’m running. It goes something like this…
…15-one thousand, 16-one thousand, 17 one-thousand…(I’ll lose my spot in counting because I’m close to death)…20 one-thousand, 42 one-thousand, 43 one-thousand, 60 one-thousand!
I need to figure out a better system here.
5. I’d rather eat Ben and Jerry’s Banana Split ice cream.
(Have you tried this ice cream? It may very well be worth a large ass, ’cause seriously, it’s spectacular.)
Here’s one last confession. When I do run, I actually enjoy it. Shh, don’t tell anyone.