For those of us busy moms on the go, here is a brief synopsis of several posts in my head presented in handy and convenient bulleted list form.
- Yesterday’s photo montage has been taken down since every time I tried to watch it, my computer would lock up. So sorry if it caused you the same hassle.
- Speaking of yesterday’s post, I tried and tried to write a sentimental letter for Carson, but I kept focusing on his colicky start to life and writing sentences like “I’d have given you away if a nice couple had by happenstance, knocked on our door and offered to give you a loving home.”
- Carson’s party went off fabulously, the only spill was my own. My kitchen floor has yet to be mopped, which MUST happen rather soon or it’s possible our feet could become permanently affixed to the lemonade covered floor.
- Carson chose the day of his party to lay off the incessant whining of which he’s suddenly become the resident expert. All party attendees should be eternally grateful. I for one, am eternally grateful for this unexpected day of respite from his whining. On Friday he whined so much while I was failing at decorating his baseball cupcakes, I had to put him in his room for his own safety.
- His excitement for the Thomas the Train videos that he received courtesy of The Queen of Shake-Shake, by far surpassed the excitement of any gift Tate or I gave him. He rejected the Hi-5 video with disdain, was befuddled by the Mr. Potato Head, and rode his 4 wheeler for all of 2 minutes.
- Baked beans could very well end up being the catalyst for beginning marriage counseling. I was heard saying this sentence on Saturday, “Yes, Tate, they are delicious, but nobody should eat that many baked beans at one sitting. If you eat all of those, you’ll be sleeping on the couch.” Check out my recipe blog for the recipe. They really are great, but should be eaten in small doses that can be managed effectively in your body.
- Have I mentioned I got a new camera? No? That’s odd, I’m sure I’d mentioned it since I love it so freaking much…Anyway enjoy a few pics from this weekend. And yes, Janet, I do have a few pictures of Ella, but sadly far fewer than I have of Carson.