ship with blogging. So many
blogs. So little time.
There are days when I wake up and I’m feeling really jazzed about my blog. Yay! Comments are coming in! Yay! Everyone is writing such AWESOME STUFF! These awesome ladies are helping Lotus! Yay! I LOVE blogging!
Then there are days when I feel completely and utterly overwhelmed. Oh my God I have 20 new commenters whose blogs I haven’t visited. Oh my God, why don’t people like my post today? Why are my numbers so low? 1000+ unread in my Google Reader. Yikes. Blogging is stupid.
I know that there is an expectation of reciprocity in the blogosphere. You comment here, I return the favor. I link you, you leave a comment. You participate in Thursday Thirteen/Wordless Wednesday/Best Shot Monday/ Tackle it Tuesday/Haiku Friday, you’re expected to comment on other’s who are also participating.
Blogging has the power to take over your life if you allow it. I know that I feel an often overwhelming sense of responsibility to everyone in the blogosphere, despite saying that I blog guilt free. I don’t. There are so many of you out there that are so talented and witty, but it’s not possible with only 24 hours in each day to visit each and every person. I’m not certain where the balance lies.
This is what I’d like to know, just out of curiosity…
1. Do you comment only on blogs whose writer(s) return the favor?
2. What makes you comment? What makes you NOT comment?
3. Do you ever feel snubbed by another blogger? (Please don’t name names)
4. How do you feel about replying to comments? Is it absolutely necessary or does it give you the nervous tummy?
5. Do you feel like blogging sometimes gets in the way of your life?
To play along for Haiku Friday, follow these steps:
1. Write your own haiku on your blog. You can do one or many, all following a theme or just random. What’s a haiku, you ask? Click here.
2. Sign the Mister Linky below with your name and the link to your haiku post (the specific post URL, not your generic blog URL). We will delete your link if it doesn’t go to a haiku. If you need help with this, contact Christina or myself. REMEMBER…ONLY sign Mr. Linky if you have a HAIKU POST.
3. Pick up a Haiku Friday button to display on the post or in your sidebar by clicking the button above.