1. I worked and worked on a post last night about how much I hate going outside. I eventually deleted it because it all boiled down to this: Whine, whine, whine. Ella can’t walk yet, it’s hard to take her outside. Whine, whine, whine some more. Also, I hate the EXPLETIVE wind here in Indiana. The end.
2. Since I deleted that post, all I have for you today is a list of things I’ve been meaning to talk about but don’t want to write an entire post.
3. Yes I know people hate these kind of posts.
4. **shrugs shoulders** Too bad.
5. For the longest time, I couldn’t figure out why people liked twitter so much. I mean, I had an account, but I couldn’t figure out how people were participating in conversations. A few days ago I downloaded twhirl. It has changed my twittering life and added one more time suck to my life. For this I am grateful. (Can you see me rolling eyes?) I just thought that those of you who are slow like me, would like to know about it and be sucked in, too.
Twhirl is a twitter tool that you download. It shows up as a little icon down in the bottom right corner and dings every few minutes when people you follow post updates. You can also post updates from twhirl, shorten urls and read/write direct messages. It’s much easier than going directly to twitter and hitting refresh every few minutes.
I’m not sure whether to say, “You’re welcome!” or “I’m sorry.”
6. I just sold my couch on Craigslist. Like, I REALLY just sold it minutes ago. The lady came by and said she’d take it! Woo hoo!
7. At least once a month I get an email from someone asking me how I got the number of subscribers/readers/traffic…that I have. I’ve been thinking that I might start a series of posts talking about what I’ve done to gain and maintain readers. The first post would be a general overview talking about different social networking sites, reciprocity, blog design (blah, blah, blah) and the subsequent posts would talk about each one in depth.
Is anyone interested in reading about this? I would only post these type of posts on the weekends and save my SUPER BRILLIANT mommyblogging for the week.