I tried to tell them.
“There’s not really enough snow for playing. It’s just a dusting. You can see most of the grass, for goodness sakes!”
“No, Mommy, see?” Carson pointed out the window. “There’s snow all over the driveway!”
Well, they did cancel school. I guess it wouldn’t have been a real snow day if we hadn’t:
1. Taken 45 minutes to find all the hats, mittens, and boots.
2. Taken another 45 minutes to get dressed in double layers.
3. Made a snow angel in what little snow there was
4. Played for two minutes outside before:
a. Someone needed to pee
b. Someone complained of being freezing cold
5. Came inside and undressed, leaving a pile of wet clothes in a heap on the floor
6. Had hot chocolate:
a. With marshmallows
Truth? I love these days as much as they do.